The Visitor Experience Group is committed to improving diversity in the museum and cultural field and believes there can be a broad representation of experiences, perspectives, and cultures within our community. We seek inclusive participants who will encourage, and recognize people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, abilities, religions, and sexual orientation.
To enable this and to help break down barriers that prevent underrepresented groups from participating, VEX has established a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Program (DEI). The VEX DEI Program will offer five attendees complimentary registration to the annual conference and selected events.
The VEX Conference is held annually in the fall and hundreds of Visitor Experience professionals from the museum and cultural fields come together to discuss, network, teach, and learn. They take away new ideas, challenges, and trainings for themselves and their staff. The conference offers a 3-day long itinerary of workshops, panels, keynotes, events, and networking opportunities for entry level through management. This conference is one of the few dedicated opportunities for those in the Visitor Experience/Services field.
- Conference registration (includes all keynote sessions, panels, and workshops)
- Tickets to all additional networking events (Welcome Event, Happy Hour, Guest Experience Workshop, Behind-the-Front-Lines Tour)
- Mentor opportunities
- Work (full-time or part-time) at a museum or cultural institution in Visitor Services or Visitor Experience-related department
- Self-identify as coming from an underrepresented or marginalized community, including, but not limited to these categories: people of color, people with disabilities, LGBT+, and/or socioeconomic status
- Desire to enhance his/her career in the museum or cultural field
- Must be able to attend the VEX Conference, October 8-10, 2017 in Philadelphia, PA (travel expenses are not included in this program)
- After the conference, attendees are encouraged to provide a recap of their experience at the conference.
- Attendees will be encouraged to pair up with a planning committee member who will serve as a mentor
The selection will be made by the VEX Chair and Planning Committee.
Thursday, August 31, 2017. Applicants will be notified no later than Friday, September 4, 2017.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org