The Visitor Experience Group is comprised of a group of volunteers who work together throughout the year to plan the annual conference and offer a variety of other programs. Fill out the form below to be considered for a variety of volunteer roles.
VEX Ambassadors are a select group of professionals who share enthusiasm for the visitor experience and are committed to establishing and promoting best practices for the arts and culture field. Ambassadors act as conduits for furthering the mission and goals of the Visitor Experience Group, helping promote attendance and participation at the annual VEX Conference, and creating and/or nurturing an active visitor experience network in their region.
Join our team and work with visitor experience leaders in your field. Responsibilities of an Ambassador include:
- 2-year volunteer commitment
- Host 2-3 regional VEX events annually
- Promote VEX and your regional events via social
- Promote attendance and participation at the annual VEX Conference
- Attend and lead a group activity, or introduce a session during the VEX Conference
- Access to a global network of industry leaders
- Be among the first to learn about VEX trends
- Free registration to the main conference and welcome event
- A one-time special gift from VEX
- Additional professional development opportunities when available
- Plus the assurance that your support makes VEX possible
To apply to be an Ambassador, please fill out the form below. Completion of the form does not guarantee acceptance. Once the form has been submitted, please allow 2-4 weeks for response.
The Visitor Experience Group has several committees comprised of volunteers who work together throughout the year on a variety of initiatives. Committee members are expected to attend regular meetings and actively contribute to realizing the goals of the committee on which they serve. Our committees include:
- Audience Engagement
- Communications & Marketing
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, & Accessibility
- Events & Operations
To join one of our committees, please fill out the form below. Completion of the form does not guarantee acceptance. Once the form has been submitted, please allow 2-4 weeks for response.
VEX Board of Directors
The Visitor Experience Group is governed by the Board of Directors. The board is responsible for the implementation of our mission, vision, and values and plans the annual Visitor Experience Conference. Board Member requirements are as follows:
- Members must have previously attended a Visitor Experience Conference.
- Members must pay membership dues as an individual.
- Members must not represent any organization whose practices are in conflict with the mission, vision, and values of the Corporation.
- Members must help plan and make an effort to attend the Visitor Experience Conference each year.
- Members must attend 75% of board meetings each year.
- Members must participate in one additional program beyond the Visitor Experience Conference each year.
- Members must demonstrate honest engagement with the corporation and its programs and events.
- Members must not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. We do not discriminate against religions or religious beliefs that do not conflict with our values.
- Members must have experience working in cultural, tourism, hospitality, and/or education industry.
For more information, you can reach out to Communications Chair Patrick Wittwer or refer to the Visitor Experience Group Bylaws. To join the board, please fill out the form below. Completion of the form does not guarantee acceptance. Once the form has been submitted, please allow 2-4 weeks for response.