The Visitor Experience Conference takes place in the Old City section of Philadelphia. The Chemical Heritage Foundation will be the main conference location, with additional panels being hosted at the Museum of the American Revolution and the American Philosophical Society. VEX has negotiated discounted rates at area hotels for your convenience.
VEX has arranged for room blocks at both the Best Western Plus Independence Park Hotel and Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District. Both are within walking distance of the Chemical Heritage Foundation (CHF). See below for booking information.
Best Western Plus Independence Park Hotel (.5 blocks from CHF)
- 1 Queen Room – $189 per night (plus tax)
- 1 King Room – $209 per night (plus tax)
- Double Room (2 Queens) – $229 per night (plus tax)
- All rates include a complimentary hot breakfast buffet and high-speed internet
To make a reservation, call 215-922-4443 and identify yourself as being a part of the Visitor Experience Group, or click here to book online.
Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District (2.5 blocks from CHF)
- 1 King Room – $179 per night (plus tax)
- Double Room (2 Queens) – $179 per night (plus tax)
- All rates include complimentary WiFi
To make a reservation, call 1-877-999-3223 and identify yourself as being a part of the Visitor Experience Group, or click here to book online.
Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) is the closest airport to the conference activities, about a 20 minute taxi ride outside of Philadelphia’s downtown.
SEPTA buses stopping near the Chemical Heritage Foundation (CHF) include routes 5, 9, 17, 21, 33, 38, 42, 44, 48, and 57. All SEPTA Regional Rail Lines serve Jefferson Station at 10th and Market Streets, which is a few blocks’ walk or a quick ride on the bus or subway. SEPTA Market-Frankford Line has stations at both 2nd and 5th Streets on Market, just around the corner. In addition to SEPTA service, PHLASH and other visitor trolleys also make stops within easy reach of CHF as they navigate through Old City.
The SEPTA Airport Regional Rail Line stops at most airport terminals and reaches both the 30th Street Station and Jefferson Station, where you can change to the Market-Frankford Subway Line or walk the remaining blocks. Please see SEPTA online or ask at the airport information desk for schedules and directions.
Taxis are available from the Philadelphia International Airport for the 11-mile trip to the Chemical Heritage Foundation (CHF). The rate from the airport to CHF is approximately $30. All taxis accept credit cards.
Uber is an iPhone/Android app that lets you tag your location and summon a professional driver to your side within minutes. Once in the car, the driver will take you wherever you need to go. The fare is billed to your card, with no need to tip, so you don’t have to worry about handling cash.
Find driving directions to Chemical Heritage Foundation.
Parking in Philadelphia
There are several parking garages located within a mile from CHF. Please choose from:
- The Bourse Garage, 400 Ranstead Street, 0.1 Miles from CHF
- Park America, 27 South 3rd Street, 0.1 Miles from CHF
- Parkway Corporation, 36 South 2nd Street, 0.2 Miles from CHF
- E Z Park, 38-50 North 3rd Street, 0.2 Miles from CHF
- Short Parking Corp, 37 South 2nd Street, 0.2 Miles from CHF
- The Autopark at Olde City, 125 South 2nd Street, 0.2 Miles from CHF
- Holiday Inn Historic District, 400 Arch Street, 0.3 Miles from CHF
- Patriot Parking, 101 Market Street, 0.3 Miles from CHF
- Central Parking, 800 Market Street, 0.4 Miles from CHF
- Patriot Parking, 2nd & Race Streets, 0.5 Miles from CHF
- Patriot Parking, 401-31 Race Streets, 0.6 Miles from CHF
- Central Parking, 519 Bainbridge Street, 0.6 Miles from CH
Wheelchair Access to Chemical Heritage Foundation
A wheelchair-accessible pedestrian gate is available at the foundation’s entrance on 3rd Street between Chestnut and Market Streets. The pedestrian gate is unlocked during regular business hours and for events. If you’re traveling by car, drive up to the parking-lot gate, which will open automatically during regular business hours and events. You may park in any open spot marked “Visitor” or in one of two handicapped spots. To enter the building, call the receptionist via the intercom at the East Entrance for visitors and staff.